The North Carolina Department of Military & Veterans Affairs may also have resources related to the Uniform CPA Exam and CPA licensure. Where, in the Board’s determination, an accounting course duplicates another course previously taken, only the semester hours of one of the courses shall be counted in determining if the applicant has a concentration in accounting. The Examinations Section of the Board is responsible for processing Uniform CPA Exam applications and maintaining each candidate’s file until they successfully pass the Exam.
Test takers must show they understand the process by which accounting standards are set and the roles of various governmental and industry groups such as the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission , the Financial Accounting Standards Board , the International Accounting Standards Board , and the Governmental Accounting Standards Board . The exam sections employ multi-stage testlets for the multiple-choice questions. Depending on your performance, the next testlet will be of the same level or slightly more difficult.
How much time does the exam require?
The AICPA has released the new blueprints for the CPA examination scheduled for release in January of 2024. Effective January 4, 2023, the AICPA will require acceptance of a Uniform CPA Examination Conduct and Non-Disclosure Agreement as part of the exam scheduling process through Prometric. This agreement outlines a code of conduct for maintaining the secrecy and confidentiality of the exam content.
You should aim to start studying about 8 weeks before your CPA Exam date. Here is a resource that details the CPA review timeline and can help you with planning your studies. With the CPA Exam being one of the most difficult professional credentialing exams, the right CPA Exam Review course can be the difference between passing and failing. You can take advantage of the CPA study material within the Becker Concierge, Pro and Premium packages until you pass the exam.
“I passed the CPA Exam on the first try. Becker made this journey fun — I learned and had a few laughs along the way!”
The report’s relative performance scale is derived from the range between one-half of one standard deviation above and below the average score of candidates who earn between a 75 and 80. If you only study your weaker areas, you might do better on those, but worse on others when you retest. If you cancel or reschedule between five and 30 days before your appointment, you must pay a fee directly to Prometric. If you reschedule within five days of your appointment, you will be required to pay the fullPrometrictesting fee for the section you are rescheduling. See theCandidate Bulletin for additional information regarding these fees. When you receive the NTS, make sure that the name on the NTS is the name on the identification documents that you will use during check-in at the Prometric testing center.
- The Series 65 is an exam and securities license required by most US states for individuals to act as investment advisers.
- The 18-month clock starts on the date the first examination section passed was taken.
- In addition, they must identify key risks in a financial information technology environment.
- It’s important to understand that 75 doesn’t represent a percentage of the total questions you must answer correctly because questions are not weighted equally.
- All Candidates should carefully review the applicable Bulletin before arriving at the Test Center.
- Should the container not meet the requirements outlined, the candidate will be required to put it in their locker and will not be allowed to take it into the test room.
According to the AICPA, the national average pass rate is 45-55%. Please visit /cpa 24-hours before your scheduled exam to confirm your appointment. We are the American Institute of CPAs, the world’s largest member association representing the accounting profession.
Preparing for the CPA exam
A student pursuing this option can apply to Penn State Harrisburg as either a non-degree student or a degree student. The primary advantage of enrolling as a degree student is that degree students register for courses at an earlier date than non-degree students register. Enrolling as a degree student does not require one to complete the degree. Even though the exam is electronic, the scores are not instant.
- Where, in the Board’s determination, an accounting course duplicates another course previously taken, only the semester hours of one of the courses shall be counted in determining if the applicant has a concentration in accounting.
- Accounting and Business classes must be completed with a grade of “C” or above.
- The primary advantage of enrolling as a degree student is that degree students register for courses at an earlier date than non-degree students register.
- For AUD, FAR, and REG, the remaining three TBS testlets affect the other half of your score, and in BEC, the two TBS testlets and the one WC testlet supply the rest of your score.
- Candidates have up to four hours to complete each exam section; exam sections can be taken individually and candidates must pass all four sections within 18 months.
Also, helpful information, including responses to frequently asked questions, may be obtained from the web site of AICPA . The web sites of the PA State Board and of the PICPA should be accessed and the responses to Frequently Asked Questions posted there should be reviewed before seeking additional information from others. There are multiple paths to achieving the CPA Exam sitting and certification requirements. Any items brought with you will be placed in a locker while you are taking the exam.
For more information, check the official AICPA and NASBA website. Candidates have up to four hours to complete each exam section; exam sections can be taken individually and candidates must pass all four sections within 18 months. Where a candidate real estate bookkeeping fails a section, it may be re-taken without any penalty other than a re-examination fee and the risk of credits for other sections expiring under the “18-month rule”. Re-sitting for a failed section in the same testing window is not permitted.